RY is here to help create a world that believes in business. We can't do that without brilliant people.
At RY, we create behaviour-changing, thought-provoking, award-winning work. We do this for industry-leading businesses, from a range of sectors, around the world.
When choosing the people who will help us deliver standout results for our clients, we look for bright sparks who think big. People who are as excited as us about the role businesses can play in shaping the future. And who are as easy to get along with as they are talented. (We don’t compromise one for the other).
We also know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, we’re committed to creating a culture of equal opportunities, with people who have different perspectives, backgrounds and skills.
Think working at RY could work for you? Check out our current opportunities below.
HR Advisor (12 month Maternity Cover)
About the team:
Our mission is to provide the very best employee experience for the people of our award winning creative agency. Right from the point of contact and throughout the employee journey we provide support and guidance to our people and managers. We’re the go to people for recruitment, inductions, learning and development, benefits and pay, employment relations, wellbeing and career development. In any one day, we play many different roles including career counsellor, performance coach, policy maker, administrator and facilitator.
We're looking for an HR (Talent) Advisor to join us on a 12 month maternity cover contract. The role of Talent Manager is to partner with the directors and managers of agreed business areas to ensure the people in these functions have the best possible employee experience along every stage of the employee journey. They are responsible for ensuring our talent management processes are effectively implemented and maintained to a high standard in their business areas.
On-boarding and inductions:
- Meeting with managers to take them through on-boarding and induction plans for new starters, ensuring everything is set up for new joiners so they have the very best start.
- Managing employment relation cases including things such as maternity and paternity leave arrangements, flexible working requests, informal and formal grievances, redundancies and performance management. As well as advising when it may be best to settle and inputting ideas for how to approach without prejudice or protected conversations.
- Writing and updating policies and guides.
Learning and development:
- Coordinating the annual and quarterly performance and development catch-up schedules for your business areas, including following up on missing documentation and advising people on how to have great performance and development conversations.
- Running talent mapping sessions with leadership and supporting them to identify and deliver retention and development strategies.
- Taking ownership of the promotion of industry events and talks.
- Taking ownership and the lead on assigned talent projects, including setting projects plans, timelines and keeping stakeholders informed of progress.
Lead Back-End Developer
The Technical team at RY is an expanding group of multi-skilled professionals. Their interest lies in all things technology, from systems design, implementation, open source community membership to interactive web applications. Their goal is to supply our consultancy team with stable appropriate technologies to push our clients through the digital age. Working closely with the design and UX departments, they’re at the heart of RY’s digital offer.
The key role of the Lead Developer is to provide support to the Technical team leads in developing projects in various .NET CMS (including Umbraco and Sitecore) and ensuring our thinking and designs are translated into digital solutions and products that work seamlessly, look great and are accessible.
- Be a technical point of contact within RY and also able to present to clients in pitches and meetings.
- Hands on delivery of projects and issues, from scoping and estimation, to prototyping back-end development, documentation, performance optimisation and quality assurance.
- Functional and technical specifications; accurate translation of project requirements and parallel work‑streams (Content & UX) into functional and technical specifications.
- Keep internal stakeholders informed of project progress and manage expectations proactively, as well as helping them understand technical concepts. Build rapport with people and create long‑term strategic partnerships.
- Be a collaborative worker and set a good example for juniors and other developers
- Be a technology evangelist, bring ideas and views on current and emerging trends and implement where appropriate. Understand where we could and should go and provide clear and innovative internal technical strategy.
- Use up to date back-end development techniques to ensure industry best practice is followed.
- Designs systems with effective integration flows for scalability and extensibility.
Head of Digital Project Management
We’re looking for a Head of Digital Project Management to join our team here at RY. This is a brilliant opportunity to join our award-winning independent creative agency in the heart of Shoreditch. We create standout identities, campaigns, and Digital comms for some of the world’s most exciting brands. We are looking for someone who can help us make the most of these opportunities, delivering projects to the highest quality standards, on time and on budget. Project management is the engine of the agency, responsible for balancing the need for exceptional quality with project profitability.
About the role:
The Head of Digital Project Management will lead the project management team to ensure that every project is delivered using agreed processes, on time, to budget and to client brief. They will have a pivotal role to play in driving best practice into their direct reports, responsible for overseeing medium to large scale projects and accounts, as well overseeing costing estimates, resourcing project management and ensuring that projects deliver required profitability.
Alongside the Digital Director and as part of a Digital Leadership Team consisting of team leads across Tech, Experience Design, Strategy, they will be instrumental in ensuring adherence to a robust set of processes and a profitable contribution to the agency bottom line.
The focus of the role is to drive operational excellence and commercial profitability by shaping a new model for digital operations at Radley Yeldar and identifying the most effective digital delivery solutions to client challenges, both in house and through external partners.
As well as being an expert in all aspects of Digital from website builds to campaigns and content, the Head of Project Management will bring significant experience and utilise best practice, to drive a culture of continuous improvement within their team and beyond.
You can expect a split between client work/prospecting & team management, overseeing medium to large scale projects and line managing Project Directors, Senior Project Managers and Project Managers.
- A strong team leader, who brings the best out of any team and client they work with, including the ability to create collaboration between cross-functional teams and stakeholders even when views conflict.
- Successfully influences and implements process change and improvement. Is capable of driving adoption of change across the business.
- Is respected and known for being a technical expert (whether that is in digital or reporting or other). Is the ‘delivery go to person’ in the business for that area, plays this role effectively by being approachable and accessible.
- Manages direct reports with clarity, care and conviction, ensuring that they are progressing their careers in the right direction and valuing their time at RY.
- Takes feedback on board without being defensive and provides valuable feedback to team members.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
3D Motion Designer
We are looking for an experienced 3D motion designer to deliver creatively brilliant motion design and animation projects across a wide variety of digital and social platforms. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our award-winning independent creative agency. Our motion designers work collaboratively with producers, designers, and animators to deliver projects from concept to completion, as well as providing inspiration and technical expertise across the business. As part of our market-leading film and animation team, our motion designers work across a variety of 2D and 3D projects, exceeding client expectations by delivering quality work, every time.
- To provide the Film & Animation tea with a great set of hands-on design working predominantly in 3D, and the ability to deliver across a range of visual styles
- To provide 3D modelling and rendering expertise to the team, working across a variety of 3D projects, but the flexibility to help out on 2D projects if required would be beneficial
- Assist with the development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches, generating style frames, storyboards and motion tests
- To work closely with creative teams to deliver creative programmes as a team member, but also with the initiative and autonomy to carry projects forward
- Keep up to date with latest visual trends and developments in the motion design/animation sector
- Be a source of creative inspiration in motion design for the wider creative and film/animation teams
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
As part of an integrated shop, our Digital Team champion user centric research and insights, architect standout digital experiences and optimise user interfaces. they help our clients create corporate and B2B websites, as well as digital tools and delivering on-going website enhancements.
As an Experience Designer at ry, you'll work collaboratively with other members of the digital team and the wider business to ensure that products and services meet client needs.
The Experience Designer must be an excellent team player who can work with a team of in-house planners, strategists, designers, front and back-end developers (and occasionally with outsourcing partners). They need to be capable of educating while working in partnership with these colleagues to produce work that seamlessly integrates our research, core idea, creative, technology and the needs of the end user.
- Creating user personas, user journeys and site maps.
- Propose and sketch out a range of visual concepts both on paper and using software applications.
- Creating wireframes and prototypes.
- Working on cross-platform applications.
- Being able to create brilliant concepts and specify them through detailed functional specs.
- Liaising regularly with clients to ensure that designs meet their requirements and core business objectives.
- Running workshops for clients and internal stakeholders confidently.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the Experience team, consultants and development teams, business analysts and project managers.
First of all, check out some of our creative work here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/radley-yeldar_were-...
We are searching for an exceptional hands-on Midweight Designer with a love and passion for both exquisite craft and compelling ideas. Our designers are hands-on throughout the creative process, interested in learning from and contributing to the wider creative arts community, and above all, respond to client briefs with fresh thinking and palpable enthusiasm.
Our midweight designers..
- Produce creative and original ideas with appropriate themes that accurately answer the brief and connect with the audience.
- Support the Senior Designer and Design Director throughout the creative evolution of a project, from producing original concepts, through the honing and development of the work, and the delivery of a final outcome to be proud of.
- Work collaboratively with the entire project team to create work that not only looks beautiful, but also engages and inspires its intended audience.
- Present their work with confidence and enthusiasm to both internal audiences and clients when required.
- Look beyond a brief to uncover new and exciting ways of bringing an idea to life.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and are unafraid to air their ideas.
- Create eye catching campaigns whilst adhering to a company’s brand guidelines
- Inspire and facilitate more junior team members sharing their ideas and honing their design skills.
- Keep abreast of current trends and issues in the wider creative world and can draw inspiration from them to fuel their own thinking.
- Display a natural eye for design – attending to finer details, understanding how much is too much, and the value of the “finishing touch”.
Design Director (Corporate Reporting)
We are looking for a strong Design Director to join our Investor Engagement creative team at RY. You will be a creative leader with a passion for visual trends and their uses in commercial communication. As a Design Director, you will be a key driver of innovation in the agency’s creative output and, will encourage inspirational thinking by drawing on diverse sources to drive solutions. With a focus on corporate reporting you'll work across various disciplines including editorial, animation, digital communications and brand, incorporating both ideas and execution.
- Be the creative lead; creator and custodian of the visual look of projects assigned to them. Produces creative and original ideas with appropriate themes that accurately answer the brief and connects with the audience.
- Ensures that creative concepts produced within the team are executed to the highest standards and on schedule.
- Having a balanced skillset across all media and channels, including digital.
- Is a strategic thinker – has a strong and broad knowledge of our integrated approach and breadth of offer, and how to articulate them coherently.
- Keeps within budgetary restraints or pushes client or Creative Director to produce a better piece of work, either within or increased budget.
- Plays a lead role in pitches, by providing recommendations to the pitch team, contributing to the concept, creative work and/or pitch presentation itself.
- Encourages sharing of brilliant work via regular show and tell meetings.
The Technical Director role has been created to support a renewed business focus on digital services at Radley Yeldar. Alongside the Head of Digital and as part of a Digital Leadership Team, the TD will be instrumental in driving the necessary changes across the agency in order to establish a ‘digital-first’ approach to solving client challenges.
The focus of the role is to lead a team of in-house developers, setting the very highest standards for all technical development, whilst working closely with the leadership team to champion the role for technology in solving client challenges. The TD will be a technology evangelist, with a demonstrable passion for, and experience of, applying technology to transform business communications, processes and customer experience at enterprise level.
The TD reports directly into the Head of Digital and will be expected to influence board level decisions about the future operational strategy of the business. They will manage a team of back and front end developers and be responsible for their development in line with the needs of the business.
- Guiding and advising colleagues on the most optimal and pragmatic solutions for specific client challenges.
- Contributing to new business activities including providing content and estimates for RFI/Ps, attending 1-2-1 consultations and playing a lead role in pitches.
- Supporting project management to deliver accurate scopes of work by clearly advising on technical approach, requirements, resources, time and costs. Flagging risks, limitations and assumptions clearly in documentation and conversations.
- Leading systems architecture, which involves quickly gaining insights into the client’s business, understanding the technical challenges and providing recommendations for platforms, environments and ecosystems. Articulating these in a language accessible for all clients.
- Having an oversight of all the projects in the building with a good understanding of the priorities to ensure work is distributed to the right places and delivered on time and budget.
- Ensuring the work produced by team members and third parties is of the highest standard and delivered within the allocated budget and time frames. Catching and resolving work that is going off brief before it becomes a problem.
First of all, check out some of our latest creative work here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/radley-yeldar_were-...
At Radley Yeldar we want to help create a world that believes in business. Over the last 30 years or so, we’ve done that in thousands of ways for some of the world’s most interesting businesses. The brand creative team is responsible for all things brand engagement, including identities, campaigns, and activations for some of the world’s most exciting brands. Together, we create award-winning, idea-driven work for clients including GSK, Google, The International Labour Organisation, WRAP and Recycle Now.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and highly creative Senior Designer to join our brand creative team. In this role you’ll be responsible for leading creative projects, acting as support to Design Directors and Creative Directors whilst inspiring and mentoring the creative team. You’ll collaborate with strategists, copywriters, animators, and creatives to create ground-breaking work that will further build Radley Yeldar’s profile.
- You’ll enjoy tackling tough challenges and solving problems with creativity.
- You’ll have rolled out brand campaigns and identities across multiple channels for complex organisations
- You’ll be an expert at every stage of the creative process – research, strategy, concept development and implementation.
- You’ll have a clear point of view about what makes great work – and how to do it.
- You’ll love collaborating with other creatives, strategists and clients – and you’ll enjoy inspiring others do brilliant work.
- You’ll have confidence in your presentation skills – articulating ideas with natural conviction.
- And you’ll be as brilliant at crafting work as coming up with big, brave identities and ideas.
Back-end Developer (mid-weight level)
We're on the lookout for a new Back-end Developer to join our growing team here at RY. This is a brilliant opportunity to be a part of our award-winning independent creative agency in the heart of Shoreditch. Our tech team is an expanding group of multi-skilled professionals. Their interest lies in all thing’s technology, from systems design, implementation, open source community membership, interactive web applications.
The key role of the Back-end Developer is to provide support to Senior and Lead Developers in developing projects in Umbraco and .NET, ensuring our thinking and designs are translated into digital solutions and products that work seamlessly, look great and are accessible. As well as working on new builds, sites and campaigns, the Back-end Developer will also work on business as usual and maintenance on existing client sites.
- Hands on development and delivery of projects.
- Collaborating with fellow developers to help the team architect and deliver high quality & best-practice code.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to aid in scoping, estimation and prototyping.
- Performance optimisation and quality assurance.
- Help improvement of our automation and testing processes.
- Improvement and support of our internal tooling, as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Maintaining our Azure DevOps.
- Helping to write lean concise documentation, including functional and technical specifications.
- Keeping stakeholders informed and manage expectations proactively.
- Support, maintenance, and evolution of projects after their initial launch.
Senior Sustainability Consultant
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our market-leading sustainability offer. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our award-winning independent creative agency. RY’s sustainability consultants offer strategic and advisory services for clients all over the world to help unlock their sustainability ambitions. They specialise in making the complex simple and thinking creatively to crack all sorts of client challenges. Working together with colleagues from across the business, our sustainability consultants get close to clients to understand their brief and challenges, before crafting ingenious, insightful solutions. From developing sustainability strategies and behaviour change campaigns to sustainability and integrated reporting, we always aim to make a measurable difference, exceeding client expectations by delivering quality work every time.
- You’ll lead the strategic thinking on allocated client work with a focus on sustainability and integrated reporting projects. This includes developing recommendations, delivering creative content strategies and setting the direction for the reporting suite alongside our creative, copywriting and client service teams for both print and digital.
- You’ll also be leading on sustainability strategy projects including materiality assessments through to strategy design and implementation.
- You’ll advise clients on the key trends, regulations, frameworks and best practices that are shaping the sustainability landscape.
- You’ll be a key contributor to pitches, marketing content and collateral, writing white papers, research projects, articles and social content, and attending events.
- You’ll set the direction for and employ a range of problem-solving approaches, including insight development (qual & quant), desk research, benchmarking, running workshops, brainstorming, report writing etc.