Have you dreamt of working with the world’s most ubiquitous tech company to shape its sustainability approach and communicate its progress? Perhaps you’re the right person to help shape the sustainability strategy of a household name in sporting apparel. Or maybe developing insightful sustainability communications for one of the world’s most iconic food brands is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
Our sustainability offer at RY is growing. With limitless opportunities to work with some of the world’s most interesting companies, we’re looking for a Strategist to join our market-leading sustainability consultancy. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our award-winning independent agency, and to work in a team of brilliant strategists to help us achieve our vision to ‘create a world that believes in business’.
Using our magic blend of technical expertise, strategic thinking and creative storytelling, you’ll specialise in making the complex simple, and will get close to clients to understand their brief and challenges, before crafting ingenious, insightful solutions in collaboration with other strategists, designers and project managers across the agency. From developing sustainability reports to advising on sustainability strategies, we always aim to make a tangible difference, exceeding client expectations by delivering quality work every time.
- Deliver high profile sustainability reporting programmes. You’ll contribute to – and at times lead on – the strategic thinking on sustainability and integrated reporting projects for our clients, across a range of channels. Your work will span the reporting lifecycle, from setting the direction inspired by the latest sustainability developments and themes, to defining the content strategy, advising on appropriate standards and frameworks, interviewing stakeholders, gathering content and partnering with copywriters, developing the creative brief and partnering with the creatives to bring the content to life.
- Deliver meaningful sustainability strategy work. You’ll contribute to – and at times lead on – the delivery of pioneering and progressive sustainability strategies for our clients, from double materiality assessments to rigorous strategic frameworks and targets.
- Work on strategic consultancy and framework alignment. You’ll advise and support clients on their transition and alignment with various disclosures and reporting requirements – from broader standards such as CSRD, to topic-specific frameworks such as the UNGPs and TNFD.
- Develop topic-specific communications and campaigns. Whether supporting the development of clients’ climate transition plans, developing a net-zero roadmap or creating a communications plan around specific human rights issues, you’ll work on the development of topic-specific communications and campaigns for organisations across a range of sectors.
- Pitch to win. You’ll contribute to proposals, pitches and new business meetings, working with teams of strategists, client managers, creatives and business development partners to win work with new clients and grow existing accounts.
- Raise our profile. Naturally curious and entrepreneurial, you’ll proactively come up with inspiring ideas and develop content for thought leadership and marketing material. You’ll build your network, develop relationships, and attend events to champion our thinking.
- Build sustainability knowledge internally. You’ll help upskill the broader RY team around sustainability topics, running Sustainability Sessions and training for colleagues in other functions, e.g. employee experience, brand, digital, client services.
- You’re an entrepreneurial sustainability professional with a solid background in the agency or consultancy space, and demonstrable experience in corporate sustainability issues.
- You’re passionate about sustainability, and have experience advising on and developing clients’ sustainability strategies, materiality assessments, sustainability reports and wider communications.
- You bring a perfect blend of technical expertise and communications flair, allowing you to understand and translate complex information and data into compelling communications. You think up ingenious ways to bring clients’ sustainability content to life in order to meet their audiences’ needs.
- Passionate and convincing, you have an authentic style and you talk, write and present confidently.
- Endlessly curious about market conditions, you demonstrate a good understanding of the latest developments, and how these affect clients by suggesting communications and strategic approaches that sensibly address them.
- You’re adept at interpreting clients’ needs, and skilled at bringing clarity to what is being said.
- Your eye for detail is exceptional, and you have a reputation for delivering excellence at all times. You’re unafraid to speak up when work goes off brief, and you proactively raise mistakes.
- An effortless team player, you’re a natural at building a strong team ethic and personal accountability on projects.
- Intelligent but ego free, you’re frequently requested by colleagues to work on their projects.
- Adept at multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, you’re comfortable in chaos and work effectively under pressure.
- You’re a nice person, with oodles of energy and infectious enthusiasm.
If you’re looking for a dynamic and rewarding career in a buzzing consultancy team, working on projects that drive change through solid technical thinking blended with a creative approach, then we’d love to hear from you. Please include a cover letter with your application outlining why this role appeals to you and why you'd love to work for RY.