Night Artwork Manager
The Production team at ry are responsible for the artwork, quality assurance and delivery of printed collateral from RY, as well as the creation of screen and interactive presentations, online publications, templates, brand and online assets, with a primary focus on corporate reporting. Our goal is to be a valued, versatile and trusted team, which consistently delivers brilliant work for our clients, on schedule, and to the highest quality standards.
We're looking for a brilliant Artworker Manager to join us for the night shift. You will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of artworkers and proofreaders on an evening work shift, delivering high-quality artwork for complex projects, across a variety of formats, and to agreed deadlines;
- Liaising with Production & Resource Manager to plan in the night shift workflow, then brief, oversee and/or undertake the set tasks, providing guidance, support and consistency of working practices
- Managing the night shift’s workflow, ensuring QA is maintained and providing clear handover notes back to the owners of the briefs and to your Production colleagues on the day shift.
This role will work a shift pattern with core hours from 5.30pm to 1.00am, Monday to Friday, with an early finish on ‘Summer Fridays’ at 10pm.
- Providing evening artwork support by creating, amending and producing accurate, technically-sound on and offline artwork and assets, utilising the most applicable software.
- Ensuring all key tasks, such as setting up and delivering artwork, filing work on the server, or providing handover notes to the daytime team, are performed in an accurate, timely, clear and consistent manner.
- Providing a ‘bridge’ between the day and night Production shifts by starting work at 5.30pm* to allow ample time for thorough handover briefing(s), helping to facilitate a smooth transition of workflow between shifts.
- Ensuring you have a full understanding of the technical brief, plus the wider context of what is required at the handover or briefing stage, querying any potential issues, or asking for more information, from your colleague(s) providing the brief if required.
- You'll have an expert level of competency in Production software and systems including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat (including PitStop and creating interactive PDFs), Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, CtrlPrint system management, and working in Wdesk.*
- Able to bring good, constructive working relationships with Production, Creative, Client Service and Consulting colleagues.
- Champions and adheres to defined Production processes, always looking to improve quality and efficiency wherever possible.
- Written communication is clear, well structured, informative and professional.
At RY, you’ll enjoy a fun and inspirational place to work, alongside some of the brightest and best in the business, a competitive salary benchmarked against industry standards, a culture that nurtures learning and development and embraces the flexibility of working from home and days in the London office.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.