The Technical team at RY is an expanding group of multi-skilled professionals. Their interest lies in all things technology, from systems design, implementation, open source community membership to interactive web applications. Their goal is to supply our consultancy team with stable appropriate technologies to push our clients through the digital age. Working closely with the design and UX departments, they’re at the heart of RY’s digital offer.
The key role of the Lead Developer is to provide support to the Technical team leads in developing projects in various .NET CMS (including Umbraco and Sitecore) and ensuring our thinking and designs are translated into digital solutions and products that work seamlessly, look great and are accessible.
- Be a technical point of contact within RY and also able to present to clients in pitches and meetings.
- Hands on delivery of projects and issues, from scoping and estimation, to prototyping back-end development, documentation, performance optimisation and quality assurance.
- Functional and technical specifications; accurate translation of project requirements and parallel work‑streams (Content & UX) into functional and technical specifications.
- Keep internal stakeholders informed of project progress and manage expectations proactively, as well as helping them understand technical concepts. Build rapport with people and create long‑term strategic partnerships.
- Be a collaborative worker and set a good example for juniors and other developers
- Be a technology evangelist, bring ideas and views on current and emerging trends and implement where appropriate. Understand where we could and should go and provide clear and innovative internal technical strategy.
- Use up to date back-end development techniques to ensure industry best practice is followed.
- Designs systems with effective integration flows for scalability and extensibility.
- You’ll be proficient in C#/.NET development.
- You’ll have solid experience of multiple .NET CMS, ideally Umbraco, possibly Kentico, Sitecore, etc.
- Experience of working as part of a cross-discipline team using agile methodologies.
- Clear and confident communicator – be a point of contact within RY but also be able to present to clients.
- Passionate about all things technology.
- Calm, presentable and professional, pragmatic in working with other capabilities.
- Commercially aware.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.