Have you dreamt of working with the world’s most ubiquitous tech company to address human rights along its supply chain? Perhaps you’re the best person to turn to when developing meaningful materiality for a global energy business. Or your expertise is exactly what’s needed to create a game-changing sustainability strategy for one of the world’s most loved chocolate brands.
Our sustainability offer at RY is growing fast. With limitless opportunities to work with some of the world’s most interesting companies, we’re looking for a new Sustainability Director to lead and champion our sustainability strategy offer. You’ll also be part of the Sustainability Leadership Team, setting the direction for our wider sustainability offer at RY, and leading a team of consultants.
Using our magic blend of technical expertise, strategic thinking and creative storytelling, you’ll lead a team of consultants, working across both strategy and reporting work for some of our biggest and most complex clients, collaborating with designers, project managers and consultants across the agency. Ultimately, you’ll play a vital role in achieving RY’s vision ‘to create a world that believes in business’.
Remit and responsibilities
- Lead and develop RY’s sustainability strategy offer. You’ll be responsible for ensuring our strategy offer, thinking and client delivery are always progressive and market-leading, that we maintain and grow our reputation, and that we’re meeting our commercial and strategic objectives.
- Define and grow RY’s wider sustainability offer. As part of the Sustainability Leadership Team, you’ll help define and grow the broader offer, with particular responsibility for our sustainability strategy offer and work (alongside our Reporting and Campaigns Directors). You’ll be well-versed in our wider RY offer too (including investor engagement, brand, employee experienced, digital, film and campaigns), and will help augment the intersection of these with sustainability to deliver what our clients need.
- Lead on high profile strategy work. Consulting from CEO level down, you’ll lead a team of consultants to deliver pioneering and progressive sustainability strategies for our clients – from materiality assessments, to rigorous strategic frameworks and targets, human rights salience and sustainability governance.
- Lead on insightful sustainability reporting programmes. You’ll lead a team of consultants to deliver insightful, rigorous and engaging sustainability and integrated reporting, across a range of channels. Your work will span the entire reporting lifecycle, from setting the direction inspired by the latest sustainability developments, regulations and themes, to defining the content strategy, advising on appropriate standards and frameworks, interviewing stakeholders, and partnering with copywriters.
- Pitch to win. You’ll lead proposal and pitches, working with teams of consultants, client managers, creatives and business development partners to win work with new clients and grow existing accounts.
- Raise our profile. Naturally curious and entrepreneurial, you’ll proactively come up with inspiring ideas and develop content for thought leadership and marketing material. You’ll draw upon your extensive network, building relationships and speaking at events to champion our thinking.
- Build sustainability knowledge internally. You’ll help upskill the broader RY team around sustainability topics, running Sustainability Sessions and training for colleagues in other functions, e.g. employee experience, brand, digital, client services.
- You’re an entrepreneurial sustainability professional with a solid background in the agency or consultancy space, and demonstrable experience in corporate sustainability issues.
- You’ve worked with a wide range of clients across multiple sectors and geographies, at various stages of their sustainability journey.
- You’re passionate about sustainability, and have bucketloads of experience advising on and developing clients’ sustainability strategies, including materiality, stakeholder engagement, goal-setting and wider strategy development, as well as bringing it to life. You’re on top of all the latest market developments and pioneer new solutions to keep pace with the landscape.
- As well as strategy, you’re well-versed in sustainability reporting and wider communications. From GRI to SASB and TCFD, you know the relevant sustainability and reporting standards and frameworks inside out, and you’re totally on top of the shifting landscape. You’re also familiar with key ratings, indices and broader initiatives.
- An inspiring leader and effortless team player, you’re an experienced manager. You motivate your team and foster a joined up, engaged culture where people feel valued and motivated.
- You bring a perfect blend of technical expertise and communications flair, allowing you to understand and translate complex information and data into compelling communications. You’re experienced when it comes to partnering with creatives.
- An expert facilitator, you’re comfortable running workshops, interviews and brainstorms with very senior clients (from C Suite down) as well as with internal teams.
- Enthusiastic and convincing, you have an authentic style and you talk, write and present with authority. You’re a leading voice in successful pitches, you’re comfortable engaging very senior clients, and you write engaging, thought-provoking content.
- Commercially astute, you’re adept at identifying and implementing commercial actions that aid the maintenance and growth of RY. You remain on top of forecasts and you’re easily able to identify and implement what’s required to meet targets.
- Adept at multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, you’re comfortable in chaos and work effectively under pressure.
- You’re a nice person, with oodles of energy and infectious enthusiasm.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.Apply now