We are searching for an exceptional hands-on Midweight Designer with a love and passion for both exquisite craft and compelling ideas. Our designers are hands-on throughout the creative process, interested in learning from and contributing to the wider creative arts community, and above all, respond to client briefs with fresh thinking and palpable enthusiasm.
Our midweight designers..
- Produce creative and original ideas with appropriate themes that accurately answer the brief and connect with the audience.
- Support the Senior Designer and Design Director throughout the creative evolution of a project, from producing original concepts, through the honing and development of the work, and the delivery of a final outcome to be proud of.
- Work collaboratively with the entire project team to create work that not only looks beautiful, but also engages and inspires its intended audience.
- Present their work with confidence and enthusiasm to both internal audiences and clients when required.
- Look beyond a brief to uncover new and exciting ways of bringing an idea to life.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and are unafraid to air their ideas.
- Create eye catching campaigns whilst adhering to a company’s brand guidelines
- Inspire and facilitate more junior team members sharing their ideas and honing their design skills.
- Keep abreast of current trends and issues in the wider creative world and can draw inspiration from them to fuel their own thinking.
- Display a natural eye for design – attending to finer details, understanding how much is too much, and the value of the “finishing touch”.
In the ideal candidate, we’re also looking for…
- A love for and a proven interest in design and creativity.
- A strong knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and some knowledge and experience of Sketch. Knowledge of motion graphics software such as AfterEffects, and/or digital prototyping software such as Marvel and InVision an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Experience in designing for both print and digital media, including an understanding of accessibility.
- Experience and confidence working in a similarly fast-paced creative studio environment.
- A methodical and self-aware approach to time-management, and an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A wide-ranging portfolio displaying great designs and original thinking.
Our ideal team members are…
- Supportive and “present”, with a willingness to grow as designers and colleagues, and proactively support other team members across the agency where required.
- Resourceful, showing they can adapt to change and can deliver, even under pressure.
- Confident, and show belief in their work, with natural flair for presenting.
- Positive, can-do people, with a willingness to learn and build on existing skills.
- Relationship-builders, strengthening relationships with both colleagues and clients, able to take others with them on a creative journey.
When applying, please include a portfolio.
Your portfolio: Portfolios are an important part of a design application and a great chance to show off your ability. We like to see portfolios of not just the finished product but also the ideas behind it.