We’re all about creating powerful award-winning ideas that excite and drive belief. We want our work to matter, to be impactful and to be meaningful. We do this by balancing insight with imagination and craft with playfulness. At RY, we’ve always believed in the power of home-grown talent. From interns to apprentices, we’ve nurtured (and learnt from) many a fledging creative over the years. Now, we’ve established RY Next Gen. to help get more young, divergent talent into the creative world.
Overview of the role
As a Creative Intern at RY, you’ll work on live brief for real clients, experience life in a full-service agency, and collaborate with experienced creatives and communications experts across the business.
As we’re currently looking for interns with Copywriting potential, you’ll work particularly closely with our Copywriting team. You could be writing witty headlines one day to coming up with ideas for Tik Tok videos the next. It’ll be interesting, challenging and varied. As well as working with Copywriters, you’ll collaborate closely with other members of the creative team. You’ll gain first-hand experience in how the written word and graphic design come together to create standout creative.
At RY, Copywriters also work closely with consultants. So, you’ll gain valuable insight into how we translate strategic thinking into exciting creative ideas that really work for the audiences we need to reach.
- Supporting and working closely with our Copywriters, regularly writing and editing copy
- Joining brainstorms, coming up with and sharing ideas
- Helping to research and support the whole creative team on live briefs where needed
- Supporting in the development of creative RY thought leadership and internal projects
- Support in creative delivery of tactical creative assets, working alongside designers/copywriters and production
- Strong writer, with the ability to shift messaging and tone of voice to suit different audiences and deliverables
- Strong conceptual thinker who’s confident in coming up with and sharing ideas
- Comfortable translating complex information into clear messages that are simple, inspiring and easy to understand
- Collaborative working style, thrives at co-creation and development that transcends agency departments, personalities and floors.
If this has piqued your interest, please continue to read about our challenge.
Show us how creativity can be a force for good...
- Pick a brand, charity, or cause that’s close to your heart
- Show us how you’d use creativity to help them (or it) make a positive impact in the world. You know, just one little idea that could change the planet for the better
- Try not to overthink it. Don’t spend too long on it. Just get an idea down that you’re excited about and send it our way
- Get creative and use any form you like – video, campaign idea, TV ad script, beautiful animation, new TikTok challenge… It’s up to you!
- Save your submission as either a PDF (that’s no more than 3 pages long) or video (that’s no more than 1 min 30 seconds).
- Upload your response along with your CV.
For more information, please find our internship Hub on our website: https://ry.com/thinking/ry-next-genApply now