Reporting into the Talent Manager, the Talent & Workflow Assistant will support in the delivery of our talent management processes, initiatives and projects across the employee journey; taking ownership and the lead on some of these activities. Also assisting the Talent Acquisition Manager when required, they will be exposed to the full spectrum of activities managed by the team. Also supporting the Workflow Team in this dual role; the real focus will be to help source freelance talent for RY and proactively identify and develop a pipeline of freelance candidates for ongoing roles.
Some responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
On-boarding and inductions includes:
- Preparing permanent contracts for new starters.
- Sending out New Starter Confirmation.
- Setting up new joiners in our systems.
- Conducting the Talent Induction with new joiners.
- Having 3-month check-ins with new joiners.
- Assisting with the leavers process, including completing leavers’ letters, working out outstanding holiday.
- Completing exit interviews for your business areas, where required.
Workflow team support
- Updating and taking ownership of the freelance budget.
- Supporting with sourcing of freelance talent across the business and arranging interviews.
- Preparing freelance contracts, NDAs and welcome emails.
- Assisting the team with processing freelance invoices.
General Talent team support
- Answering queries about holiday, providing support and information.
- Completing references for current employees and leavers.
- Taking ownership of ensuring our records are kept up to date and accurate in the team’s system.
You will also help support recruitment as and when needed.
- Totally organised, manages time well – always on top of their ‘to do list’.
- Meets deadlines and takes personal accountability for the work they do.
- Competent at using Excel, Word and Outlook., including producing Mail Mergers. Can use InDesign to a basic level. Proficient at using HR systems and picks up new technology easily.
- Warm, empathic and friendly, but assertive enough to get results. Colleagues respond positively to requests and invites.
- Is proactive in communications and great at keeping the necessary people in the loop.
- Enthusiastic and sociable, you’ll be able to go up to anyone in the company to ask for what you need, with a positive attitude.
- Is known for their attention to detail and sharp eye, systems are always up to date, there are no gaps
- Goes above and beyond what’s expected, constantly impressing and making the lives of colleagues easier.
- Takes the time to research and find the answer themselves, but isn’t afraid to ask for support and help when needed.
- Actively asks others to check work, particularly contractual and sensitive communications.
- Work seldom needs correcting or editing.
Great team player:
- Always hands-on and interested. Proactive in asking how they can help and what they can do.
- Brings energy and determination to every task. Is personable, happy to ‘muck-in’ and easy to work with.
- Is discreet, compassionate and totally trusted with confidential information.
- Lives RY’s values – thinking ingeniously, keeping it simple and being connected.
- Written communication, including emails, letters and reports are informative, well structured, nicely formatted and error free.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.Apply now