About the team:
Our mission is to provide the very best employee experience for the people of our award winning creative agency. Right from the point of contact and throughout the employee journey we provide support and guidance to our people and managers. We’re the go to people for recruitment, inductions, learning and development, benefits and pay, employment relations, wellbeing and career development. In any one day, we play many different roles including career counsellor, performance coach, policy maker, administrator and facilitator.
We're looking for an HR (Talent) Advisor to join us on a 12 month maternity cover contract. The role of Talent Manager is to partner with the directors and managers of agreed business areas to ensure the people in these functions have the best possible employee experience along every stage of the employee journey. They are responsible for ensuring our talent management processes are effectively implemented and maintained to a high standard in their business areas.
On-boarding and inductions:
- Meeting with managers to take them through on-boarding and induction plans for new starters, ensuring everything is set up for new joiners so they have the very best start.
- Managing employment relation cases including things such as maternity and paternity leave arrangements, flexible working requests, informal and formal grievances, redundancies and performance management. As well as advising when it may be best to settle and inputting ideas for how to approach without prejudice or protected conversations.
- Writing and updating policies and guides.
Learning and development:
- Coordinating the annual and quarterly performance and development catch-up schedules for your business areas, including following up on missing documentation and advising people on how to have great performance and development conversations.
- Running talent mapping sessions with leadership and supporting them to identify and deliver retention and development strategies.
- Taking ownership of the promotion of industry events and talks.
- Taking ownership and the lead on assigned talent projects, including setting projects plans, timelines and keeping stakeholders informed of progress.
- A generalist HR practitioner with a good understanding of HR practices and what makes a great employee experience.
- Has good knowledge of employment law and some experience of managing employment relation cases.
- Enjoys working with people and helping them, whether that’s with a basic benefits query or a more challenging employment issue – always ready and happy to help. Builds trust and good relationships with colleagues easily.
- Is discreet, compassionate and totally trusted with confidential information.
- Totally organised, manages time well – always on top of ‘to do lists’.
- Capable of explaining HR process and law in a way that is easy to understand.
- Good at listening to what’s needed and asking questions, not afraid to enquire and check understanding to ensure that what’s required is delivered.
- Written communication, including emails, articles, letters and reports are informative, well structured, nicely formatted and error free.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.