We are looking for a strong Design Director to join our Investor Engagement creative team at RY. You will be a creative leader with a passion for visual trends and their uses in commercial communication. As a Design Director, you will be a key driver of innovation in the agency’s creative output and, will encourage inspirational thinking by drawing on diverse sources to drive solutions. With a focus on corporate reporting you'll work across various disciplines including editorial, animation, digital communications and brand, incorporating both ideas and execution.
- Be the creative lead; creator and custodian of the visual look of projects assigned to them. Produces creative and original ideas with appropriate themes that accurately answer the brief and connects with the audience.
- Ensures that creative concepts produced within the team are executed to the highest standards and on schedule.
- Having a balanced skillset across all media and channels, including digital.
- Is a strategic thinker – has a strong and broad knowledge of our integrated approach and breadth of offer, and how to articulate them coherently.
- Keeps within budgetary restraints or pushes client or Creative Director to produce a better piece of work, either within or increased budget.
- Plays a lead role in pitches, by providing recommendations to the pitch team, contributing to the concept, creative work and/or pitch presentation itself.
- Encourages sharing of brilliant work via regular show and tell meetings.
- Strong portfolio available for viewing.
- Exceptional knowledge of annual reporting, and the design skills required to deliver reporting projects (literature design, layout, conceptual ideas generation).
- Excellent pitching skills; holds an audience, enlightens, and is persuasive.
- Able to inspire clients to challenge their own thinking.
- Inspiring people manager – gets the best out of creative and client service teams.
- Understands that the best ideas can come from anywhere or anyone.
- Clearly articulates ideas/solutions/updates in client and team meetings with confidence and gravitas.
- Inquisitive – eager to find out more and has a thirst for knowledge.
- Bold – dares to push the boundaries of conventional thought.