We're on the lookout for a new Back-end Developer to join our growing team here at RY. This is a brilliant opportunity to be a part of our award-winning independent creative agency in the heart of Shoreditch. Our tech team is an expanding group of multi-skilled professionals. Their interest lies in all thing’s technology, from systems design, implementation, open source community membership, interactive web applications.
The key role of the Back-end Developer is to provide support to Senior and Lead Developers in developing projects in Umbraco and .NET, ensuring our thinking and designs are translated into digital solutions and products that work seamlessly, look great and are accessible. As well as working on new builds, sites and campaigns, the Back-end Developer will also work on business as usual and maintenance on existing client sites.
- Hands on development and delivery of projects.
- Collaborating with fellow developers to help the team architect and deliver high quality & best-practice code.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to aid in scoping, estimation and prototyping.
- Performance optimisation and quality assurance.
- Help improvement of our automation and testing processes.
- Improvement and support of our internal tooling, as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Maintaining our Azure DevOps.
- Helping to write lean concise documentation, including functional and technical specifications.
- Keeping stakeholders informed and manage expectations proactively.
- Support, maintenance, and evolution of projects after their initial launch.
- Previous commercial development experience.
- Experience in .NET development (C#, MVC).
- Umbraco CMS experience is a must.
- Knowledge of Unit Testing/Automated Testing.
- Experience working with Azure hosting.
- Git version control.
- Experience working in Agile & associated tools (Jira, Trello, GitFlow, Peer Reviews etc.)
- Able to communicate technical information to both clients and all levels of business stakeholders
Nice to haves
- Experience working with other CMS platforms, including Drupal, EPiServer and Sitecore.
- Experience with Azure Devops.
- .Net Core
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Any mobile app development
- Previous agency experience
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
No recruitment agencies, please.Apply now