The Technical Director role has been created to support a renewed business focus on digital services at Radley Yeldar. Alongside the Head of Digital and as part of a Digital Leadership Team, the TD will be instrumental in driving the necessary changes across the agency in order to establish a ‘digital-first’ approach to solving client challenges.
The focus of the role is to lead a team of in-house developers, setting the very highest standards for all technical development, whilst working closely with the leadership team to champion the role for technology in solving client challenges. The TD will be a technology evangelist, with a demonstrable passion for, and experience of, applying technology to transform business communications, processes and customer experience at enterprise level.
The TD reports directly into the Head of Digital and will be expected to influence board level decisions about the future operational strategy of the business. They will manage a team of back and front end developers and be responsible for their development in line with the needs of the business.
- Guiding and advising colleagues on the most optimal and pragmatic solutions for specific client challenges.
- Contributing to new business activities including providing content and estimates for RFI/Ps, attending 1-2-1 consultations and playing a lead role in pitches.
- Supporting project management to deliver accurate scopes of work by clearly advising on technical approach, requirements, resources, time and costs. Flagging risks, limitations and assumptions clearly in documentation and conversations.
- Leading systems architecture, which involves quickly gaining insights into the client’s business, understanding the technical challenges and providing recommendations for platforms, environments and ecosystems. Articulating these in a language accessible for all clients.
- Having an oversight of all the projects in the building with a good understanding of the priorities to ensure work is distributed to the right places and delivered on time and budget.
- Ensuring the work produced by team members and third parties is of the highest standard and delivered within the allocated budget and time frames. Catching and resolving work that is going off brief before it becomes a problem.
- A strong team leader, who brings the best out of any team and client they work with.
- Successfully influences and implements process change and improvement. Is capable of driving adoption of change across the business.
- Manages direct reports with clarity, care and conviction, ensuring that they are progressing their careers in the right direction and valuing their time at RY.
- A strong presenter, with an authentic style, who delivers confident messages in pitches and meetings.
- Excellent at helping explain the complex in a way that is interesting and accessible.
- Excellent knowledge of .NET development stack: development and server configuration: C#, ASP.NET (Forms & MVC), SQL Server, Razor, SSL, DNS to name a few.
- Agnostic approach to platform development.
- Demonstrates resilience and keeps calm even when highly pressured.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.