Do you want to help create a world that believes in business? Are you looking to join a fast-paced and dynamic agency, working with some of the world’s biggest brands? Do you naturally combine technical sustainability knowledge with creative flair?
We’re looking for a Sustainability Director to join RY’s consulting team, where you’ll define and grow the reporting aspect of our market-leading sustainability offer. This is a rare opportunity to be part of the Sustainability Leadership Team of our award-winning independent creative agency in the heart of Shoreditch.
RY’s sustainability offer plays a critical role in achieving our vision ‘to create a world that believes in business’. Through our magic blend of technical expertise, strategic thinking and creative storytelling, our consultants work with clients all around the world to unlock their sustainability challenges. From sustainability reporting and strategy development, to global communications campaigns, we specialise in making the complex simple and creating standout work that has a real impact.
Define and grow RY’s sustainability offer
- RY’s sustainability offer is the fastest-growing part of our business. As part of the Sustainability Leadership Team, you’ll help define and grow the offer, with particular responsibility for our sustainability reporting work.
- Our sustainability work often intersects with other aspects of RY’s offer, including investor engagement, brand, employee experience, digital, film and campaigns. You’ll be well-versed in all aspects of our RY offer, helping to evolve our broader proposition so that deliver exactly what our clients need.
- You’ll lead the strategic thinking on sustainability and integrated reporting client work, from start to finish. This involves:
- Setting the project ambition and inspiring the client team with the latest sustainability developments and themes
- Understanding reporting stakeholders and audiences, and shaping the report direction accordingly
- Cracking an insight to inform the strategy, theme and creative direction
- Defining the content strategy across multiple reporting channels (on- and off-line), in line with audience needs
- Gathering content, facilitating interviews and managing complex stakeholders
- Partnering with copywriters, critically reviewing content and developing copy where required
- Briefing and collaborating with the creative team
- You’ll advise clients on the most appropriate reporting standards, frameworks and guidelines to use, and ensure alignment throughout the process.
Lead on sustainability reporting and strategy work
- You’ll lead the thinking on sustainability strategy work from start to finish, e.g.: materiality assessments; stakeholder engagement programmes; sustainability goal-setting; strategy development, visual identity and activation; governance and team design.
- You’ll work closely with a team of sustainability consultants, project managers, client managers and creatives, to ensure our work is consistently brilliant, clients are happy, and projects run smoothly, on time and on budget.
- You’ll consult with clients from CEO level and down, challenging and expanding their thinking, providing insight and imagination, and sharing knowledge of best practice and legal requirements.
- You’ll lead proposal and pitches, working with teams of consultants, client managers, creatives and business development partners to win work with new clients and grow existing accounts.
Pitch to win, and raise our profile
- Naturally curious and entrepreneurial, you’ll proactively come up with inspiring ideas and develop content for thought leadership and marketing material.
- You’ll draw upon your extensive network, building relationships and speaking at events to champion our thinking.
- You’re an entrepreneurial sustainability professional with a solid background in the agency or consultancy space, and demonstrable experience in corporate sustainability issues.
- You’ve worked with a wide range of clients across multiple sectors and geographies, at various stages of their sustainability journey.
- You’re passionate about sustainability reporting, and have bucketloads of experience advising on and developing clients’ sustainability reports, integrated reports, sustainability strategies and wider communications.
- You bring a perfect blend of technical expertise and communications flair, allowing you to understand and translate complex information and data into compelling communications.
- You know the relevant sustainability and reporting standards and frameworks inside out, including GRI, IIRC <IR> Framework, TCFD, the SDGs and UNGC. You’re also familiar with broader initiatives, including CDP, DJSI and UNGP.
- An expert facilitator, you’re comfortable running workshops, interviews and brainstorms with very senior clients (from C Suite down) as well as with internal teams.
- You write brilliantly, inspiring readers with engaging, thought-provoking content that attracts clients to RY.
- Commercially astute, you’re adept at identifying and implementing commercial actions that aid the maintenance and growth of RY. You remain on top of forecasts and you’re easily able to identify and implement what’s required to meet targets.
- An inspiring leader, and effortless team player, you motivate your team and foster a joined up, engaged culture. People feel valued and that their careers are progressing in the right direction.
- You’re a nice person, with oodles of energy and infectious enthusiasm.