This is a brilliant opportunity to join our award-winning independent creative agency in the heart of Shoreditch. Our tech team is an expanding group of multi-skilled professionals. Their interest lies in all things technology, from systems design, implementation, open source community membership, interactive web applications.
The key role of the Lead Back-end Developer is to develop projects in Umbraco and/or Sitecore ensuring our thinking and designs are translated into digital solutions and products that work seamlessly, look great and are accessible.
The successful candidate will be process oriented, and be able to employ best practices with a pragmatic mindset. Behaviour Driven Development will be a key practice to help introduce into the team, along with other world-class development practices. This is a key role which offers an exciting opportunity to work with the FE Lead and Technical Director (an Umbraco MVP & certified Master) to help shape the technical landscape of the digital department across many projects and clients for years to come.
- Hands on delivery of projects, from scoping and estimation, to prototyping, back end development, documentation, performance optimisation and quality assurance.
- Translating project requirements and parallel work-streams (Content & UX) into functional and technical specifications.
- Supporting client services to deliver accurate scopes of work by clearly advising on technical approach, requirements, resources, time and costs. Flagging risks, limitations and assumptions clearly in documentation and conversations.
- Ensuring the work produced by direct reports is of a high standard and delivered within the allocated budget and time frames. Catching and resolving work that is going off brief before it becomes a problem.
- You'll be process oriented, able to identify process issues, and help to improve development practices.
- Umbraco experience.
- Sitecore experience beneficial, though not necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of .NET development stack: development and server configuration: C#, ASP.NET (Forms & MVC), SQL Server, Razor, SSL, DNS to name a few.
- Expertly manages expectations by providing accurate and clear updates and requirements in a timely fashion.
- Never lets the brief out of mind, a strong advocate of sticking to brief, not over complicating or engineering. However, is not afraid to challenge the brief in the pursuit of delivering standout work.
- Is Inquisitive and takes the time to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments. Applies new skills and knowledge to work, and mentors team members.
No recruitment agency sales calls please.