This is a brilliant opportunity to join our award winning agency in the heart of Shoreditch. The Technical team at RY is an expanding group of multi-skilled professionals. Their interest lies in all things tech, from systems design, implementation, open source community membership, interactive web applications and moving into the Internet of things. Their goal is to supply our consultancy team with stable appropriate technologies to push our clients through the digital age. Working closely with the design and UX departments, they’re at the heart of RY’s digital offer. This role is important for ensuring our thinking and designs are translated into digital solutions and products that work seamlessly, look great and are accessible.
- Guide and advise colleagues (e.g. IAs, Consultants and PMs) on what the most optimal and pragmatic solutions are for specific client challenges.
- Build solutions for a range of browsers (desktop and mobile), ensuring they follow W3C accessibility standards.
- Use up to date front-end development techniques to ensure industry best practices are followed.
- Build semantic and readable HTML templates to be integrated with ASP.NET Razor files, typically into Umbraco templates.
- Develop robust code which takes performance, scalability and extensibility into consideration.
- Functional and technical specifications – ensure an accurate translation of project requirements into functional and technical specifications and accurately deliver against these. Give detailed briefs to colleagues to ensure the seamless handover of opportunities, work and knowledge.
- Bring ideas and views on current and emerging trends and implement where appropriate. Understand where we could go from a technology standpoint versus where we should go.
- Work on multiple projects, for a variety of clients at one time. Manage workload, prioritise well and produce work to a high standard, even when under pressure. Ensure you are punctual, reliable and meet deadlines.
- You’ll have a track record delivering websites using:
- HTML Pre-processors and tooling.
- Source code repositories like Git/SVN.
- Knowledge of frameworks and libraries such as Angular, React and Vue.js.
- Experience of developing progressive web apps would be beneficial.
- You’ll have a consistent focus on quality when developing solutions.
- Experience working as part of a multi-discipline team using agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of meeting non-functional requirements such as optimised frontend code for performance.
- It would be great if you’re an active participant in open source projects/technical blogs and forums.
- Clearly articulates ideas/solutions/updates in client and team meetings with confidence.
- Inquisitive – eager to find out more and has a thirst for knowledge.
- Bold – dares to push the boundaries of conventional thought.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
No recruitment agency calls please.Apply now