We’re looking for an Analyst to support our market-leading sustainability consultancy, in particular, our sustainability strategy and reporting offer. This is a unique opportunity to join our award-winning independent creative agency in the heart of Shoreditch.
Analysts lift our understanding of the challenges our clients face from average to excellent. You will identify key trends, conduct primary research to identify insights, conduct in-depth reviews to present recommendations, shape clients’ content strategies, and ensure alignment to key reporting frameworks, such as GRI.
- You’ll work with clients and consultants to define the brief. A good brief brings clarity to the task, the client’s needs and helps to define the research criteria to cover.
- You’ll define the scope of the project, including how the research will be conducted and which sources to use. It’s the Analyst’s responsibility to make sure the scope is neither too wide nor too narrow and to always work within the client’s budget and brief.
- You’ll lead primary research assignments using a variety of methods, including document analysis, online tools such as Factiva and Pulsar, surveys, case studies, focus groups and interviews (face-to-face, telephone and/or online) as well as conducting desk research when required.
- You’ll commission researchers and 3rd party suppliers to provide market research.
- An expert at analysing and interpreting data, you’ll identify patterns and unlock solutions. You’ll also advising how best to turn the research into useful insights that shape our recommendations.
- You’ll deliver research findings in a format that best fits the task, generally either a written report or presentation. And you’ll make sure the information is easy to follow, informative and with a clear link to the point of view, using RY templates and following our signature style.
Sustainability Reporting and Strategy
- Working with more senior consultants, you’ll dive into client-facing work, including sustainability and integrated reports, and sustainability strategy.
- In the reporting space, this work will involve:
- Understanding reporting stakeholders and audiences, and shaping the report development accordingly.
- Helping to shape the channel and content strategy (on and offline), theme and messaging, and strategic direction of reporting projects.
- Sharing reporting best practice.
- Reviewing report content and providing recommendations.
- Liaising with the copywriters and creative teams to bring the report to life.
- Making sure the report meets the requirements of the client’s chosen standards or frameworks.
- In the strategy space, this work will involve:
- Developing meaningful materiality assessments
- Shaping and delivering stakeholder engagement
- Setting effective goals and targets
- Shaping sustainability strategies, including their identity and activation.
- You’re a proactive communicator and great at managing expectations with all stakeholders.
- You have excellent questioning skills (in questionnaires, interviews or focus groups), and you efficiently uncover insights and useful information.
- Your written communication and reports are well structured, informative, error free and professional.
Passion for Corporate Sustainability
- You’re passionate about corporate sustainability, with a demonstrable interest and knowledge in corporate sustainability issues.
- You have a strong commitment to pursuing a career in corporate sustainability consultancy and communications.
- Endlessly curious, you have a desire to get involved with both sustainability strategy and reporting work.
- You’re enthusiastic about the positive contribution business can make to environment and society.
Sustainability Reporting Experience
- Ideally, you’ll have a working knowledge of the most common sustainability reporting standards and frameworks, including GRI and the IIRC.
- You’re familiar with materiality, the Sustainable Development Goals and the key principles of best practice reporting.
- Considered a go-to person for any primary research assignment, you’re confident using a variety of research methods, applying appropriate criteria and selecting relevant sources.
- An analytical thinker, you always spots the trend or pattern that helps unlock the client’s solution.
- You approach research in a structured and methodical way. It’s effortless to re-trace the steps you’ve taken and follow your thinking.
- You deliver compelling and useful insights every time, even under pressure.
- You never let the brief out of mind and keep within budgets. Work needs minimal reshaping or editing from consultants.
Great Team Player
- You’re always proactive, curious and take personal accountability for the work you do.
- You’re happy to ‘muck in’, conducting desk research and supporting other consultancy or business initiatives.
RY embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.