Tuesday night saw a celebration of the best Annual Reports at the ICSA Awards. Each year, the ICSA Awards recognise and celebrate excellence in governance and annual reporting, rewarding the work and achievements of companies, teams and individuals from across the governance profession.
But what makes for an award-winning annual report? Here are five areas to focus on:
- Connectivity: Ensure all the elements of your report form one cohesive narrative that connects key elements.
- Balance: Ensure your reporting narrative demonstrates that the business understands both the challenges as well as the opportunities it faces, and that its strategy and governance is well placed to benefit from both.
- Value beyond financial: Talk about the wider outcomes that result from your activities.
- Materiality: Identify the key inputs to your business (the critical resources and relationships your business needs to operate) and provide a discussion on how you are managing and maintaining them.
- Long-term viability: Ensure your reporting narrative sets the scene for your long-term viability as a going concern.
We have been helping our clients achieve best practice reporting for over 30 years so we are delighted to announce our clients BAE Systems, Spirax-Sarco and Vodafone were all recognised for their great work at the awards.
- Annual Report of the Year FTSE 250: Spirax-Sarco and Radley Yeldar
- Strategic Report of the Year: Vodafone Group and Radley Yeldar
- Remuneration Report of the Year: BAE Systems and Radley Yeldar
Congratulations to all of the winners! See the full list here.