Established in 2002 and now in their fourteenth year, the Building Public Trust in Corporate Reporting Awards (BPTA) were created to reward and celebrate outstanding reporting and now cover the FTSE 100, FTSE 250, private, public and charity sectors. All 18 of the awards presented this year recognise the achievements of organisations that have differentiated themselves through the clarity of their reporting.
Ever since the awards were launched, the ethos behind them has remained consistent: that open, honest and transparent reporting is imperative for organisations to gain, and build trust in their reporting. Launched in the wake of scandals such as Enron and WorldCom, the awards have – if anything – become even more relevant over the intervening years, as challenges around trust have risen up the business, public and political agenda.
We are pleased to announce that the below clients received awards last night at the ceremony:
- FTSE 250 excellence in reporting – Winner, Great Portland Estates
- FTSE 100 excellence in reporting – Highly Commended, Mondi
- Private Company excellence in reporting – Highly Commended, John Lewis Partnership
- Corporate Reporting Award for corporate governance reporting in the FTSE 250: Winner, Aggreko
- Corporate Reporting Award for executive remuneration reporting in the FTSE 250: Highly commended, Laird
- Corporate Reporting Award for strategic reporting in the FTSE 100: Highly commended, Provident Financial Group
- Corporate Reporting Award for strategic reporting in the FTSE 250: Highly commended, Great Portland Estates
- Corporate Reporting Award for tax reporting in the FTSE 350 Multinationals: Winner, Vodafone
We would like to congratulate all our clients for their success at these awards and also congratulate all the companies taking part this year.
To find out more on PWC Building Public Trust in Corporate Reporting Awards visit their website here