This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award-winning independent creative agency at the heart of Shoreditch. We create standout identities, campaigns and activations for some of the world’s most exciting brands. We are looking for someone who can help build RY's profile and help us to create more groundbreaking work. The BD Team is responsible for promoting RY, the work we do and for generating new business opportunities. Through their business development activities, they gain a good understanding of the market we work in and carefully map prospective clients, identifying where there may be appetite for our services and the budget to procure these services.
The Head of Business Development is responsible for leading the team to deliver RY’s strategic Business Development plan and annual income. They’re ultimately accountable for growing a strong pipeline, meeting new business targets, creating a new business culture in which we consistently win pitches, ensuring the team operates efficiently and for providing management information that helps the smooth running of the business.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and driving the closure of business relationships. Sustain rapport with key prospects by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
- Build a healthy pipeline of opportunities in-line with company growth goals. Have an overview of all opportunities against RY’s strategic, commercial and operational requirements. Champion the pre-qualification process, ensuring it’s embedded and practiced throughout the agency and facilitates a manageable amount of new opportunities.
- Ensure the BD team’s exposure, visibility and connection to the wider business and help foster good relations between the team and other departments.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the CRM database is up to date with prospective client details, ensuring it reflects key information, next actions and accountability
- Develop strong working relationships with the contributors to the RFP process (including the Consultants, Client Services, Operations, IT, HR, Technology teams) to maintain the continued improvement in RFP responses and timeliness.
- Responsible for the Business Development P&L. Complete Client Services Director and manage the department’s direct costs for the year ensuring budgets are met or adjusted accordingly.
- Brings positivity and focus to every task. Is approachable and easy to work with.
- Brilliant at building a strong team ethic, galvanised towards a common goal. Makes everyone on the team understand exactly what their role is, what is required of them and, by default, makes them feel engaged and valued.
- Manages direct reports with clarity, care and conviction, ensuring that they are progressing their careers in the right direction and valuing their time at RY.
- Leads by example and inspires others to deliver the very best growth results for RY
- Frequently spots opportunities to cross-sell RY services, negotiating deals and can effectively close opportunities.
- Brilliant interpreter of the client’s requirements to the RY team. Makes clients confident that we understand exactly what they want. Makes RY team feel that they know exactly what’s required of them.
- Written communication is articulate, unambiguous and error free, setting the standard for others to aspire to.