The BD Team are responsible for promoting RY, the work we do and for generating new business opportunities. Through their business development activities, they gain a good understanding of the market we work in and carefully map prospective clients, identifying where there may be appetite for our services and the budget to procure these services.
Our Business Development Consultants help us find new business and are responsible for building a pipeline of opportunities for pitch teams to win and convert. They play a pivotal role in growing revenue in line with business objectives and building RY’s reputation across Europe.
- Manage a portfolio of clients and generate a pipeline of opportunities by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and driving closure of business relationships with them.
- Ensure opportunities are in-line with company growth goals and qualified against RY’s strategic, commercial and operational requirements.
- Take ownership of the completion of your RFPs, RFIs, due diligence questionnaires and general requests about any part of our offer.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of our integrated approach and breadth of offer and can articulate them coherently.
- You are able to use a consultative and intelligent approach to selling services, negotiating deals and can effectively close opportunities in collaboration with consultants.
- You understand the market, are a perceptive businessperson who knows when and where to find opportunities relevant to RY.
- You use a range of problem solving techniques to refine thinking and find solutions and know where to go for help either online resources or people.
- You can present and ‘sell’ work, using an authentic and natural style, which builds rapport and fosters good chemistry.
- You will have previous experience working within an agency business development role.