We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join us on a part time basis, for 3 days per week (Tuesday to Thursday). Reporting into the Desktop Support Manager, this role is key to responding to the needs of the business at both our London and Birmingham offices. Through answering support requests or delivering planned equipment and software upgrades, you will be an essential part of ensuring that IT is an enabler to delivering the great work the business produces.
- Ensure end-user support requests are answered in a timely and effective manner, for the London, Birmingham and remote user base.
- Assist the Desktop Support Manager to research, develop and roll-out the desktop development and support strategy, which will form part of the overall IT strategy.
- Assist with the desktop equipment replacement programmes in line with the IT budget. This includes the management and control of the mobile and desktop hardware inventory.
- Provide a central point of contact for ordering end-user hardware and software products.
- Ensure that the IT equipment in meeting rooms, refectory and reception areas are available and functioning at all times.
- Maintain the business phone system and extensions, including any system upgrades.
- You’re a people’s person with strong social skills; a team player who works collaboratively and is inclusive, but equally happy to work independently.
- Expert level knowledge of Apple Mac OS, Apple Mac hardware.
- Previous experience working in an IT support role.
- Proven technical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive Microsoft OS support experience.
- Experience in support Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows server stack - Windows server, Active Directory.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server – user account creation and administration, Office 365, Skype for business.
- Experience in supporting business telephony system and communication tools.
- Experience of working in an agency environment.