This is a brilliant opportunity to join our award-winning independent creative agency in the heart of Shoreditch. We recently ranked number three in B2B Marketing magazine’s list of best global agencies. We’re really ambitious and aim to be the ‘best place to work, where the best work gets done’. So, we’re not just proud of the work we produce and the results we achieve for our clients, we’re also proud of our people and our culture. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes sustainability and wants to use their passion, knowledge and experience to help us grow our sustainability practice, and our business. The team are responsible for promoting RY, the work we do and for generating new business opportunities. Our New Business Partners help us find new business and are responsible for building a pipeline of opportunities for pitch teams to win and convert. They play a pivotal role in growing revenue in line with business objectives and building RY’s reputation across Europe.
- Working directly with the Business Development and Marketing Director and the head of our sustainability practice, you’ll be responsible for devising the growth strategy for this part of the business, delivering the activity that will unlock it and measuring the results to prove value.
- You’ll help define the plan, but it will include prospecting, nurturing relationships and working with the practice team as live briefs come into the business. Critically you’ll help us make sure we deliver the best pitches possible – and win.
- You'll ensure opportunities are in-line with company growth goals and qualified against RY’s strategic, commercial and operational requirements.
- Take ownership of the completion of your RFPs, RFIs, due diligence questionnaires and general requests about any part of our offer.
- You'll have a good awareness of how to get the most out of thought leadership, PR, social, awards and events, and the role these can play as part of the wider business development mix.
- Passionate about sustainability.
- You are able to use a consultative and intelligent approach to selling services, negotiating deals and can effectively close opportunities in collaboration with consultants.
- You understand the market, are a perceptive businessperson who knows when and where to find opportunities relevant to RY.
- You use a range of problem solving techniques to refine thinking and find solutions and know where to go for help either online resources or people.
- You can present and ‘sell’ work, using an authentic and natural style, which builds rapport and fosters good chemistry.
- You will have previous experience working within an agency business development role.