Senior Account (Client) Manager’s at RY have a hybrid role, responsible for building successful business out of the clients that fall within their remit.
We’re looking for a Senior Client Manager to join our client services team; to be the voice of our clients, continuing to build trust and ensure successful delivery of projects. The Senior Client Manager will work on a portfolio of clients and cover projects across digital, communications, employee engagement, sustainability and brand.
This role is the stepping stone to becoming a Client Director.
- Owning the client brief; ensuring the brief is fit for purpose and that we will be able to deliver great work against it.
- Negotiating the overall commercial arrangement, with support from the Group Client Director when required. Working with the client’s procurement department and our finance team to give us the best commercial platform to operate on.
- Contributing to and where appropriate leading pitches on new and existing clients. This means, taking the lead in facilitating the pitch process - not necessarily the lead voice in the pitch itself.
- Managing triage, including assessing feasibility, risk, team, opportunity, timing, budgets and deliverables before the work starts on any project.
- Managing the allocated RY project team to deliver against the brief, budget and timeline − driving them through to successful completion. Ensuring everyone is focused on the same brief and is working to the plan.
- Previous account management experience, within an integrated or digital agency.
- Brilliant at building a strong team ethic around clients. Makes everyone on the team understand exactly what their role is, what is required of them and, by default, makes them feel engaged and valued.
- Applies determination and interest to every task. Has an opinion, is solution focused, forwarding thinking and great to work with.
- Competent at having commercial conversations with the clients about how the relationship should be structured financially with no or limited input from the Group Client Director.
- Remains on top of forecasts and in tune with project managers on changes to budgets and scope.
- Applies a range of methods and techniques to get under the skin of the client’s world, business, strategy and brand and demonstrates a good understanding of these.
- Excellent approach to taking briefs, asks the right questions at the right time and quickly comes to grips with client requirements. Makes the team and client feel confident that we understand what they need.