We're looking for an Analyst to join our Investor Engagement consultancy team at RY. Team work is essential, with collaboration across the business; working with and learning from experienced consultants. This is role is a great stepping stone to becoming a consultant at RY.
Our investor engagement team advises companies across Europe, from blue chip multinationals to private companies about to list, on how to communicate with their investors. This is done primarily through their annual report, a document that brings together complex and disparate information to meet the needs of a wide range of stakeholders. Our job is to help companies convey this information in an engaging way by combining the skills of our designers, communication consultants and project managers who bring everything together and deliver the final report, online and in print.
Your role will be to help us keep abreast of developments at the companies we work with and the issues they face. In addition, you’ll need to keep on top of annual reporting, new initiatives and help us produce our industry leading research (How Does It Stack Up?) and blog posts. You will be helping us secure new business generating insights on the companies that invite us to tender and then help us exceed their expectations with insightful research that gets to the heart of their business.
- Working with clients and consultants to define the brief. A good brief brings clarity to the task, the client’s needs and helps to define the research criteria to cover.
- Defining the scope of the project, including how the research will be conducted and which sources to use. It’s the Analyst’s responsibility to make sure the scope is neither too wide nor too narrow and to always work within the client’s budget and brief.
- Leading primary research assignments using a variety of methods, including document analysis, surveys, case studies, focus groups and interviews (face-to-face, telephone and/or online) as well as conducting desk research when required.
- Analysing and interpreting the data to identify patterns and unlock solutions. Advising how best to turn the research into useful insights that shape our recommendations.
Growing the Business
- Contributing to marketing content and collateral which may include white papers, research projects, events, articles, social content etc.
- Contributing to pitches, including providing support, content or research that helps to underpin the core idea.
- Keeping abreast of industry developments, trends and technologies and responding to the opportunities and risks they create. Feeding this information into the client planning process.
- Considered a go to person for any primary research assignment. Confident using a variety of research methods, applying appropriate criteria and selecting relevant sources.
- Consistently comes up with ideas and suggestions for new and interesting ways to talk about the offer, or new solutions that can be scaled to create products for our clients.
- Is proactive in communications and great at managing expectations with all stakeholders.
- Excellent questioning skills (in questionnaires, interviews or focus groups), efficiently uncovering insights and useful information.
- Goes above and beyond what’s expected, constantly impressing those with the robustness of their research.
- Totally detail driven – work is always thorough and accurate, with reliable references from an appropriate number of sources.
Great Team Player
- Brings energy and determination to every task. Is personable and easy to work with.
- Happy to ‘muck in’, conducts desk research and supports other consultancy or business initiatives.