We're on the lookout for a Freelance UX Designer / Consultant to join us for 6 to 9 months, working inhouse with our client for 3 to 4 days per week and the remaining time spent at RY. You'll work with a team of in-house digital strategists, designers, front and back-end developers and be involved in leading a series of sprint based UX tasks to define a number of user journeys for employees, using a new global intranet platform.
- Developing and executing the experience design strategy on projects. Specific user experience outputs on projects may include such things as: site maps, journey maps, content audit documents, competitor analysis, UI and IA concept sketches, user journeys, wireframes, storyboards, service blueprints and client-facing presentations.
- Carrying out research, including choosing the appropriate research method for each project, creating discussion guides, conducting the research and presenting findings.
- Liaising directly with the client and our client service teams to answer queries, provide guidance and updates.
- A solid understanding of user-centred design methods and techniques.
- Confident and competent at leading and participating in brainstorms or workshops with colleagues and clients.
- The ability to bring ideas, challenge and influence peers/clients to inspire innovation and achieve the best results.
- Experience of working within an embedded team is a bonus.