We're looking for a Researcher to join our Investor Engagement consultancy team at RY. The key role of the Researcher is to support market-leading consultancy through excellent research. Team work is essential, with collaboration across the business; working with and learning from experienced consultants and analysts.
Our investor engagement team advises companies across Europe, from blue chip multinationals to private companies about to list, on how to communicate with their investors. This is done primarily through their annual report, a document that brings together complex and disparate information to meet the needs of a wide range of stakeholders. Our job is to help companies convey this information in an engaging way by combining the skills of our designers, communication consultants and project managers who bring everything together and deliver the final report, online and in print.
Your role will be to help us keep abreast of developments at the companies we work with and the issues they face. In addition, you’ll need to keep on top of annual reporting, new initiatives and help us produce our industry leading research (How Does It Stack Up?) and blog posts. You will be helping us secure new business generating insights on the companies that invite us to tender and then help us exceed their expectations with insightful research that gets to the heart of their business.
We specialise in making the complex simple, and thinking creatively to crack all sorts of client challenges. Working together with colleagues from across the business, consultants get close to clients to understand their brief and challenges, before crafting ingenious, insightful solutions.
- Conducting desk research such as benchmarking, trend reviews and sector reviews to provide insights that support the consultants on client work.
- Analysing and interpreting data to identify patterns and solutions which help to shape the point of view.
- Working with a range of programmes such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and InDesign to analyse and present findings. Selecting the most appropriate method and tools to do so.
- Presenting findings in a professional manner, making sure they met the brief, and require little if any editing from the consultant.
- Helping deliver regular market insights to support our internal thought leadership initiatives.
- A strong commitment to pursuing a career in Investor Communication.
- Takes pride and care in the work that he or she does, and spends time asking others for ideas and input.
- Inquisitive, leaves no stone unturned and is capable of sifting through large amounts of data to find useful insights.
- Uses a variety of approaches and methods when researching. Consistently identifies useful information that adds value and drives a project forward.
- Actively demonstrates good listening and enquiry skills by getting a thorough and accurate brief.
- Written communication is well structured, informative, and error free.
- Previous experience within a Research role is required.