We're looking for a Researcher to join our Investor Engagement consultancy team at RY. The key role of the Researcher is to support market-leading consultancy through excellent research. The Researcher role is a great start to a career in Consulting at RY; working primarily with our investor engagement and sustainability team. Team work is essential, with collaboration across the business; working with and learning from experienced consultants and analysts.
RY’s consultants offer strategic and advisory services; they specialise in making the complex simple, and thinking creatively to crack all sorts of client challenges. Working together with colleagues from across the business, consultants get close to clients to understand their brief and challenges, before crafting ingenious, insightful solutions.
- Conducting desk research such as benchmarking, trend reviews and sector reviews to provide insights that support the consultants on client work.
- Analysing and interpreting data to identify patterns and solutions which help to shape the point of view.
- Working with a range of programmes such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and InDesign to analyse and present findings. Selecting the most appropriate method and tools to do so.
- Presenting findings in a professional manner, making sure they met the brief, and require little if any editing from the consultant.
- Helping deliver regular market insights to support our internal thought leadership initiatives.
- A strong commitment to pursuing a career in Investor Communication.
- Takes pride and care in the work that he or she does, and spends time asking others for ideas and input.
- Inquisitive, leaves no stone unturned and is capable of sifting through large amounts of data to find useful insights.
- Uses a variety of approaches and methods when researching. Consistently identifies useful information that adds value and drives a project forward.
- Actively demonstrates good listening and enquiry skills by getting a thorough and accurate brief.
- Written communication is well structured, informative, and error free.
- Previous experience within a Research role is required.