The Motion designer will deliver creatively brilliant motion design and animation projects across a wide variety of platforms. They will provide assistance and support in the delivery of projects from concept to completion, as well as inspiration and technical advice to our growing Moving Image offer, of which motion design and animation is a significant part.
- Design and deliver great motion design and animation.
- To provide the Moving Image team with a great set of hands-on design, illustration and typographic skills and conceptual flare, with the ability to deliver a number of visual styles.
- To work as part of a team to explore briefs / generate ideas in a constructive and positive way.
- Assist with the development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches, generating style frames, storyboards and motion tests.
- To work closely with creative teams to deliver creative programmes or projects as a team member, but also with initiative and autonomy to carry a project forward.
- Work on a number of projects at once, working with other members of the RY team and specialist partners and freelance staff.
- To encourage and support other members of the RY team in their understanding and use of motion design / animation and to work with them as appropriate.
- To collaborate with other designers / animators, as well as the Producers.
- Keep up to date with latest visual trends and developments in the motion design / animation sector.
- A good understanding of the full life-cycle of design, digital and moving image projects from creative to technical delivery.
- Deep understanding of composition, colour, texture, typography, movement and depth.
- An advanced technical knowledge of the Adobe Suite, especially After Effects.
- Proficiency in Cinema 4D, with a working knowledge of Physical render, Arnold or Octane is desirable.
- Knowledge of plugins such as X-particles and Turbulence FD is a bonus.
- Experience of green screen compositing / keying and good understanding of general post production processes.
- Keeps up to date with the latest techniques and applications.
- Has a passion for continually seeking new knowledge that feeds into producing great work, and for reaching high creative standards.
Strong Team Player:
- Supportive team member – develops a constructive working relationship with moving image, creative and client service colleagues.
- Can work comfortably as part of a team, or autonomously as required.
- Helps and supports colleagues working to tight time-frames, and have a level of flexibility to ensure work is done within the deadline.
- Shares knowledge, and builds excitement of creative trends with other team members.
- Manages workload and priorities; always punctual and reliable.
- Inquisitive – eager to find out more and has a thirst for knowledge.
- Bold – dares to push the boundaries of conventional thought.
- Confident and self-assured and believes in what he/she does.