The role of the Lead Back-end Developer is made up of three main responsibilities including hands on development (generally for one key account), team management and technical consulting. At the development level, the Lead is responsible for designing and building technical solutions, within agreed budgets and timeframes, that effectively translate our thinking and creative into digital solutions and products that work seamlessly, look great, are accessible and secure. As a manager of at least one other developer the Lead is accountable for their team’s output and for ensuring their team feel happy and motivated in their roles. From a consultancy perspective, the Lead is responsible for consulting clients and internal teams on technical opportunities, ideas, limitations, risks and best practice.
- Hands on delivery of projects, from scoping and estimation, to prototyping, back end development, documentation, performance optimisation and quality assurance.
- Translating project requirements and parallel work-streams (Content & UX) into functional and technical specifications.
- Supporting client services to deliver accurate scopes of work by clearly advising on technical approach, requirements, resources, time and costs. Flagging risks, limitations and assumptions clearly in documentation and conversations.
- Ensuring the work produced by direct reports is of a high standard and delivered within the allocated budget and time frames. Catching and resolving work that is going off brief before it becomes a problem.
- Excellent knowledge of .NET development stack: development and server configuration: C#, ASP.NET (Forms & MVC), SQL Server, Razor, SSL, DNS to name a few.
- Commercial & open source .NET CMS experience - Umbraco & Kentico preferred.
- Expertly manages expectations by providing accurate and clear updates and requirements in a timely fashion.
- Never lets the brief out of mind, a strong advocate of sticking to brief, not over complicating or engineering. However, is not afraid to challenge the brief in the pursuit of delivering standout work.
- Is Inquisitive and takes the time to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments. Applies new skills and knowledge to work, and mentors team members.
No recruitment agency sales calls please.