The Technical team at RY is an expanding group of multi-skilled professionals. Their interest lies in all things technology, from systems design, implementation, open source community membership, interactive web applications and moving into the Internet of Things.
The key role of the Back-end Developer is to provide support to Senior and Lead Developers in developing projects in Umbraco and/or Kentico ensuring our thinking and designs are translated into digital solutions and products that work seamlessly, look great and are accessible. As well as working on new builds, sites and campaigns, the Back-end Developer will also work on business as usual and maintenance on existing client sites.
- Hands on delivery of projects, from scoping and estimation, to prototyping back-end development, documentation, performance optimisation and quality assurance.
- Writing functional and technical specifications; including the accurate translation of project requirements and parallel work‑streams (Content & UX) into functional and technical specifications.
- Recommending and implementing best practice development.
- Providing the initial setup of projects: hands on development and troubleshooting/problem solving.
- Good knowledge of .NET development stack: development and server configuration: C#, ASP.NET (Forms & MVC), SQL Server, Razor, SSL, DNS to name a few.
- Commercial & open source .NET CMS experience - Umbraco & Kentico preferred
- Manages expectations well by providing accurate and clear updates and requirements in a timely fashion.
- Has an exceptional eye for detail proactively raising mistakes or when work goes off brief.
- Is Inquisitive and takes the time to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments. Applies new skills and knowledge to work.
No recruitment agency sales calls please.